- As every other blog has already reported, a Harvard Medical School professor claims that 40% of WoW player are addicted to the game.
- Ever-voracious MTV Networks is acquiring Atom Entertainment for $200M. Atom’s online destinations (including Shockwave.com and AddictingGames.com) feature casual games and/or video clips.
- Rupert Murdoch will soon tackle the PC online game market, as revealed by his now-public search for personnel (including a “head of PC gaming”). Let the big spending begin!
- Recently revealed: Activision paid $100M for RedOctane. (Now you know what Guitar Hero was worth, give or take.)
- Not explicitely game-related, but of interest to me: Amp’d Mobile will offer ad-supported fitness content to its subscribers, including dietary advice, written instructions, and video clips covering 20+ exercises.
One response to “Articles of Interest”