Articles of Interest
- The PSP just can’t catch a break. Latest bad news: EA is shifting development resources to the DS. Oh, and publicly decrying Sony’s pricing and technological failures (that has to hurt.)
- Via Edge, a cute Grand Theft Auto parody advertisement by Coca Cola. (It’s stuff like this that makes Coke one of the most valuable brands on Earth.)
- Another fun video: check out this PS3 vs. Wii spoof. (Unfortunately, I can’t remember where I first saw this.)
- Microsoft has announced XNA Game Studio Express, a product which enables indie developers and students to develop games for the Xbox 360 and PC, and to share their games via the “Xbox 360 Creators Club”.
- Game Studio Express will incorporate GarageGames’ Torque Engine.
- Most of the prominent game design university programs in the US have already announced their intention to integrate Game Studio Express into their curricula.
- My thoughts: this is all extremely promising. However, it sounds like the ability to share games on the Xbox 360 will initially be very limited. That’s a reasonable (initial) approach for Microsoft to take as it works out the kinks, but eventually, it would be good to see something more…
This entry was posted in Articles of Interest
. Bookmark the permalink