Articles of Interest
- Ken Kutaragi, CEO of SCEI and “Father of the Playstation,” has apparently been forced out.
- On a more positive note, Sony announced the new PlayStation Eye camera, along with a very cool-sounding card game (by Hasbro) which will take advantage of the Eye. Basically, physical cards are tracked by the camera and come to life on screen as animated monsters!
- According to Bloomberg, Nintendo has 79 games for the DS and 45 titles for the Wii in development. Those are remarkable numbers. Third party publishers (with an interest in these platforms) can’t be overly thrilled about so much competition from “the home team.”
- A coalition of architects and designers are seeking to “wikify” architecture through the use of Second Life. A great experiment, though I suspect that innovation centered around virtual objects (untied to land) is more likely to succeed… especially given that land has a price in SL.
- Microsoft has launched the Xbox Live Originals contest. Xbox users are invited to create a pilot TV episode. Standout finalists will be featured on Marketplace in July; the winner will receive a $100K deal with Xbox Live to create a six-episode series.
This entry was posted in Articles of Interest
. Bookmark the permalink