I got tagged with the “five things” influenza that’s ravaging the blogosphere. I could ignore it, but where’s the fun in that? So here’s five things you probably don’t know about me:
- My first favorite games were Space Quest, Leisure Suit Larry, Hero’s Quest, and Might and Magic 2. My best friend and I still occasionally chant the tune (in unison) that M&M2 made each time you destroy a skeleton with “turn undead” (“na-na-na, na-na-na!”)
- I got into medical school (Mt Sinai, NYC) when I was a sophomore in college. I didn’t end up going because every time I saw blood, it made me want to puke. Contrary to popular wisdom, the urge to puke did not wane with repeat exposure. My father still wakes up screaming from time to time as a result of my decision.
- My first language was Spanish. My parents wiped Spanish from our home when some teacher complained I was incomprehensible. Now I have a BA in English Literature and can’t speak Spanish worth a damn. Stupid teacher.
- My wife and I are frequently compared to “Dharma and Greg.”
- I love really good dark chocolate. But I can barely stand the taste of milk chocolate, no matter how fancy.